“Your level of success will rarely exceed your level of personal development, because success is something you attract by the person you become.”
The Miracle Morning, by Hal Elrod, is all about waking up early to supercharge your performance throughout the day.
In The Miracle Morning, Hal discusses how the average person does not devote the necessary time to personal development. By waking up early and carving out time to work on themselves, people can become the best versions of themselves.
If you aren’t a morning person, Hal gives a strategy for increasing your “Wake up Motivation Level”. His strategy includes setting intentions before bed (last thought in the night = first thought in the morning), moving your alarm clock across the room, brushing your teeth, drinking a full glass of water, and getting dressed in your workout clothes.
Once you are awake, Hal’s morning program is called S.A.V.E.R.S. and stands for:
- S = Silence (Mediation / Prayer / Reflection)
- A = Affirmations.
- V = Visualization.
- E = Exercise.
- R = Reading.
- S = Scribing (Journaling / Writing)
Hal suggests spending time in each of these 6 areas. Depending on the morning, you can spend as little as 6 minutes on all 6 sections or take as long as you want to complete all 6.
For me, I spend about 10 minutes on the first 3, 10 minutes on exercise (some body weight exercises and stretching), 30 minutes on reading (Goal of reading 75 books for 2017), and 10 minutes on Scribing. The importance of the completing each of these tasks is outlined in the book. I hope to focus more on Silence and Visualization in the coming months.
“Our outer world is a reflection of our inner world.” If we are at peace with our inner being, we will be at peace with the world around us.”
Before reading The Miracle Morning, I was waking up around 7:30 AM, getting to work at 8:30 AM, and while I was performing well, I wasn’t achieving greatness. After a month of the S.A.V.E.R.S. program, I’m waking up at 6:30 AM, getting some personal development time in, and getting to work at 8:30 AM. I’ve noticed my mind is sharper and I’m able to focus with a greater intensity than before.
Remarkable Quotes and Passages from The Miracle Morning
Some memorable quotes and passages from The Miracle Morning:
- Find time for personal development each day.
- Your level of success will rarely exceed your level of personal development, because success is something you attract by the person you become.
- Every time you choose the easy thing, instead of the right thing, you are shaping your identity, becoming the type of person who does what’s easy, rather than what’s right.
- Now matters more than any other time in your life, because it’s what you are doing today that is determining who you’re becoming, and who you’re becoming will always determine the quality and direction of your life.
- The moment you accept total responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you claim the power to change anything in your life.
- If you don’t control your habits, your habits will control you.
- Don’t wait to be great.
- If you want your life to improve, you have to improve it yourself.
I recommend The Miracle Morning to anyone looking to supercharge their performance and improve their life. Like I mentioned above, The Miracle Morning is a quick read, has many motivational quotes and passages, and gets you fired up to improve your life!
Are you a morning person? What is your strategy for personal development?
Check out our other book reviews!
Become a MASTERMIND
Sign up today and receive instant access to all the Mastermind Within freebies (tools, spreadsheets, and an eBook), and exclusive content.
Your future self will thank you.