“Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
Ever heard the phrase “life is like a box o’ chocolates”? How about “Luke, I am your father”? Or most importantly “At least he has his health.”?
Health is one of the most important aspects of our every day life. We need to ask ourselves each morning: are we energized, ready to jump out of bed and seize the day? Or are we just waking up and just looking for the coffee?
It is safe to say, we all would prefer the former… but what’s the recipe for this Carpe Diem attitude?
It all comes down to mindset. Everyone can become a morning person. I’ve always been someone who could wake up early ( if need be) though enjoyed sleeping in. Once I read The Miracle Morning, I was able to supercharge my performance and learn to appreciate the morning hours. Now each day, I’m up at least an hour earlier than I need to be to work on myself. I absolutely love SAVERS! 🙂 I’ve been using Headspace lately to help with my meditations.
“Your level of success will rarely surpass your level of personal development, because success is what you attract by the person you become.”
This post is the eleventh update of my transformation (here’s the initial post), where I am going to share with you the my journey of exercising, specifically weight-lifting. As you read in our 2017 goals post, I’m going to complete the Mindpump MAPS program. By doing so, I will become stronger, faster, and be able to jump higher. This post continues the series of posts which show my results over the 3 months period.
For the previous editions of Positive Transformation – Bigger, Faster, Stronger, see here:
- Positive Transformation – Bigger, Faster, Stronger 10
- Positive Transformation – Bigger, Faster, Stronger 9
- Positive Transformation – Bigger, Faster, Stronger 8
- Positive Transformation – Bigger, Faster, Stronger 7
- Positive Transformation – Bigger, Faster, Stronger 6
- Positive Transformation – Bigger, Faster, Stronger 5
- Positive Transformation – Bigger, Faster, Stronger 4
- Positive Transformation – Bigger, Faster, Stronger 3
- Positive Transformation – Bigger, Faster, Stronger 2
- Positive Transformation – Bigger, Faster, Stronger 1
This picture is from 3/15/2017.
MAPS WEEK 11
Huge pump with this phase! The tough workouts and big eating has combined to bring me lots of gains and some size! This picture doesn’t show the muscle functionality improvements in/out of the gym. I am moving much better by spending the extra few minutes targeting my weaknesses. Thank you MAPS Prime! I’m pleased with how I’m progressing, and believe a lot of my progress has been from eating healthy, pushing my body to perform it’s best, and focusing on recovery. I’ve been doing yoga multiple times a week, and this has allowed me to recover much faster than I have in the past.
MAPS PROGRESS WEEK 11 OF 12
As mentioned above, I am following the Mindpump MAPS program, specifically, the MAPS RBC bundle starting with MAPS Anabolic. On most workout days, I wake up at 5:10 AM and am one of only people at the gym. Going EARLY is amazing if you want full use of the squat racks, cages, bench presses, free weights, and most of the other exercise equipment!) Otherwise, sometimes 9:30 at night is another quiet time in the gym world! Though much more difficult for a miracle morning. 🙂 This week, has been a combination of early morning and late night workouts.
This was an important week as I’ve started phase 3 of the MAPS Anabolic program. This phase is about the “pump” also known as Sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy. These works are fast paced and high volume with minimal rest between exercises.
This Week’s Workout
Here is one of the 11th week workouts: RECORDING YOUR WORKOUTS is KEY. It is similar to tracking your net worth over time. You can see trends and make adjustments to maximize your progress! I’m building quite the binder of workouts; excited to put 3 months together.
Weight / Reps / Set Number
Drove to the gym after hanging with the family!
Started with 10 minutes of MAPS Prime.
- Barbell Deadlift (Touch & Go) 135/10/1, 185/10/2, 185/10/3, 185/10/4
- Wide Grip Pull Ups BW/7/1, BW/5/2
- Barbell Shrugs 185/15/1, 205/14/2, 205/13/3, 2015/12/4, 2015/11/5
- Flat Dumbbell Press 90/13/1, 90/11/2
- Incline Fly’s 50/10/1, 40/12/2
- Arnold Presses 40/12/1, 40/11/2
- Lateral Raises 20/7/1, 10/7/1 (super set), 20/8/2, 10/8/2 (super set)
- Barbell Curls 50/15/1, 50/12/2
- Tricep Pressdown 37.5/15/1, 42.5/13/2
- Dips BW/12/1, BW/10/2
- Seated Calf Raises 115/14/1, 125/10/2
- Standing Calf Raises, 45/15/1, 45/15/2
- Reverse Barbell Curls 30/12/1, 30/12/2
- Hanging Leg Raises BW / 20/1, BW/17/2, BW/12/3, BW/10/4, BW/10/5
- I am currently using MAPS Prime and miscellaneous yoga as a cool down
That’s Week 11 of the MAPS workout. I’ve lowered the weight and am going through a fast paced, form focused workout plan with 12 to 15 repetitions. This is the third phase of MAPS Anabolic workout, known as Muscle Pump Adaptation. Right now, I’m combining Anabolic and Prime; MAPS Anabolic is a muscle and strength building program while MAPS Prime is focused more on recovery and fixing imbalances in your body.
I still have work to do, but I’m making progress. I want everyone to know, lighting, and time of day make a HUGE difference on before/after pictures. Please know this when seeing “Instagram” models as well as advertisements for get in shape fast workout programs.
I’m trying to get more calories in, in an effort to recover faster and build muscle and strength!
I will post my progress updates again next week. I’d love to hear feedback, comments, and what exercises you perform during the week!