The American Dream is no longer confined to the corner office or a cubicle.
People are legitimately making good incomes using the internet to run a business completely online.
Not only that, but it’s allowing them to live the lifestyle they want, on their own terms.
Think about it, no more:
- long commutes in traffic
- getting up early just to try to make it to work on time
- getting dressed in clothes you hate, just so you can look presentable.
No, the new American Dream is a business that can be run from wherever you desire – and Click Millionaires wants to help you do just that.
Click Millionaires is an idea book and provides a broad overview of the different businesses you can pursue online.
Is Click Millionaires just another “get rich quick” scheme? Absolutely not! This is why Scott Fox encourages the reader to start slowly, part-time, and spend as little money as possible. What’s great about this book is that he shows you how starting an online lifestyle business is easier and cheaper than ever!
In the rest of this post, I give you a summary of the book, my takeaways, and my recommendation for you.
“The trouble with the rat race is that, even if you win, you’re still a rat.” – Lily Tomlin
Book Summary of Click Millionaires
Click Millionaires about creating a lifestyle business online.
The whole point of creating something yourself is to be your own boss – that way you have complete control over your life, including what you do during the day, your compensation and benefits, etc.
A Click Millionaires lifestyle business adheres to the following principles:
- Helps People
- People want help with their problems. You will provide a solution.
- Possess Credibility
- To provide solutions, you have to be knowledgeable in your niche.
- There are many tools available to automate the delivery and processes of a lifestyle business
- Are there tasks you don’t like doing? Social media management? Website design? Contract it out!
- Audience Content Creation
- Comments, forum posts, and guest posts are all forms of audience content creation.
- Scalability is the ability of a technology or business system to adapt easily to increased volume and to maintain or improve profitability without requiring significant additional resources.
- Recurring Revenues
- It’s fine to have one-time sales and clicks, but you want to have guaranteed revenue month in and month out. Ads or subscription products are great examples of recurring revenues.
What are some of the lifestyle business types which satisfy these principles when done correctly?
The Best Click Millionaire Lifestyle Businesses
As described in Click Millionaires, there are numerous examples of online lifestyle businesses you can pursue:
- “Noozles” (Email Newsletters)
- Do you like writing but don’t really want to have a blog? Consider a “noozle”.
- Do you like writing? Consider starting a blog!
- Do you like speaking? Do people tell you they like hearing you talk, or like your voice? Consider making a podcast!
- Video Broadcast/Online Television Show
- Do you like making videos? Make a YouTube Channel!
- Social network community
- Building a vibrant forum is a great way to get a lot of people in one spot on the internet
All of these businesses are content related and have the potential to scale over time.
Digital Download and Product Sales
Selling your own digital product, whether that’s a book, a piece of software, a game, etc.
Marketing other people’s products through your website or marketing channel and collecting a fee on every sale which comes from your site.
Also known as Multi Level Marketing – a way to sell other people’s products via your website.
Utilizing sites such as Upwork, Fiverr, or Elance, you can perform data entry, graphic design, virtual assisting and content creation for various small businesses over the web for a fee.
Copying Existing Products
Do you think you could improve upon an existing digital product? There is no need to reinvent the wheel!
The best part about Click Millionaires is these examples are talked about in depth. In addition, you are given multiple concrete examples on what and why someone would do pursue one versus another.
Find Your Niche for Online Business Success
The most important thing from Click Millionaires was to consider in creating your business is finding something you are passionate about.
If you aren’t passionate about a topic, you probably won’t be excited to work on your business each and every day.
An example from Click Millionaires was a person who lived in the United States, but wanted to learn French and travel to France. She started a french vocabulary blog to start learning French and over time, built a strong following and made friends in France! What a story!
“There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.” – Christopher Morley
Takeaways from Click Millionaires
With every book I read, I’m always looking to implement actionable steps and provide takeaways. Reading Click Millionaires confirmed my belief that what I’m doing with my business and my blog is the right thing to do.
The Mastermind Within is certainly scalable and has shown some solid growth over the past six months. My blog stats continue to increase every month. My mailing list grows each month, and is doing very well with providing solid content and freebies to The Mastermind Within readers.
The way I helped set up the business satisfies all of the principles above.
Going forward, I want to continue to leverage the internet through information products, digital products, and with different automation strategies.
The Mastermind Within Recommends Click Millionaires
Click Millionaires is a fantastic idea book with actionable advice. Scott Fox does a great job of bringing in concrete examples to help explain each of the business models he discusses.
While this isn’t a complete “how to” book, it does provide a broad overview of the different businesses you can pursue online.
If you are interested in entrepreneurship and looking for something with a low barrier of entry, I definitely recommend you check out Click Millionaires.
Do you have a side hustle? What’s stopping you from getting out there and working online for your income? Are you looking to leverage power of the internet?