I’m incredibly bullish on digital real estate and looking to build, create, and sell websites.
While I love the physical real estate, ended up being very successful the last 3 years house hacking, and fantasize about the idea of someday owning a commercial building, there is something about creating and owning online assets which makes me super excited.
It’s never been easier to learn new technologies, create content, and publish your ideas and build a brand.
How to Sell a Website for $500,000 with Vital Dollar – Episode 8
My guest today is my friend and fellow blogger, Marc. Marc has been self-employed since 2008 and during this time he has been very successful online through building, running and selling websites and businesses. During the last ten years, he has been very successful, with some of his big wins coming from selling a blog for $500,000, a digital product website for another $500,000, and an Amazon business for over $200,000.
On today’s show, I’m excited to chat with Marc about the process of building digital real estate – from the idea, to the branding and creation, to monetization, and finally, the sale, how he goes about this work, learn how to sell a website, and look to gain insight on the world of internet marketing.
Check out Marc at his site, Vital Dollar.
With all episodes, I want to leave you with some takeaways for you to improve your life. For this episode, I have a few takeaways:
- Consistency is key
- Marc spent 5 years full time on his blog he sold for $500,000. Things don’t magically happen over night – it takes a long term view to accomplish big things.
- There are many things to think about when preparing to sell a website:
- Be realistic to prospective sellers – look at a website like Empire Flippers to get a feel for how much your site is worth
- Outsource work to virtual assistants
- Depersonalize your site if you want to sell – since you are going to be working on it anymore, you don’t want the buyer to think YOU are the one reason why the site is successful.