Pinterest is one of the biggest social media platforms and one of the best places to advertise your business online.
Wait, what? Pinterest is an advertising platform
As someone who is 1. a male and 2. not a graphic designer, when I went to Pinterest the first time, I was so confused. There is so much to learn and understand about the platform – but I know I need to be on there since it is so massive.
With The Mastermind Within podcast, I’m looking to feature some awesome people doing awesome things, but also, look to dive in to the HOW and WHY people are doing what they are doing.
In this episode, episode #5, I want to dig into a topic which is more targeted towards marketing and how to grow your businesses traffic through the Pinterest platform. I’ve been messing around on Pinterest for about 3 months now, and I still don’t really know what I’m doing.
Since I don’t know what I’m doing, I asked a Pinterest expert to come on the show.
How to Drive Massive Traffic on Pinterest with Millennial Boss – Episode 5
My guest today is J, a blogger, podcast host, marketer and real estate investor who is constantly looking for ways to make more money online. Her blog, Millennial Boss, receives nearly 50,000 page views a month, makes over $20,000 a year, and she successfully launched the FIRE Drill podcast in 2017 and gained over 100,000 downloads in the first 4 months.
I invited her on today though to talk about her tips and strategies to send thousands of viewers a day to her blog, what technologies she is using, and how she got to over 6000 followers. Most importantly, she is going to share with us how to drive massive traffic on Pinterest to your blog and website.
- First, your pins are the most important piece of the puzzle.
- Your pins represent your brand – if your pins are not visually captivating and do not inspire the user to click on your pin, then you will not be successful on Pinterest.
- Seasonal content is key to Pinterest success.
- Pinterest is a visual search engine and if you have great performing pins, Pinterest will continue to show your pins.
- One way to make sure you have great performing pins is to pin seasonal content in addition to your typical content.
- Freebies do very well on Pinterest
- Include some text on your pins saying “Free guide!” and link to your landing page with your freebie offer to capture leads.
- Research what is working, and what isn’t working. Make sure you are pinning and re-pinning what is working – and don’t be afraid to delete pins which aren’t working!
Check out the episode below, or on Stitcher or iTunes. Enjoy!
Become a MASTERMIND
Sign up for our mailing list and receive instant access to all the Mastermind Within freebies (tools, spreadsheets, and an eBook), and exclusive content.
Your future self will thank you.