I turn 26 today! Happy birthday to me!
My 25th year on this planet was one of my biggest years – I grew a ton as an individual.
For this post, I’m going to be sharing with you 26 seemingly random things about my thoughts these days, and share with you some other personal information which I hope you will find interesting 🙂
I’m excited to reflect on the year and look forward to the next.
26 Things on My 26th Birthday
There are 26 things I’m going to share with you below:
- 5 Moments I’ll Always Remember from my 25th Year
- 5 Goals and Dreams I Have for my 26th Year
- 5 Actions I Will Be Taking in my 26th Year
- 5 Foods and Drinks I Love to Have
- 5 Truths I Live By
- My Favorite Quote
5 Moments I’ll Always Remember from My 25th Year
My 25th year was quite the year.
Last year in 2017, I wanted to improve my view of the world, get out of my comfort zone, and experience wild growth. June 8th came around last year, and I was right in the thick of this growth.
Over the last year, I’ve done a lot, but there are 5 moments I know I’ll always remember:
- Traveling to Las Vegas
- I bought a ticket last second to visit Las Vegas over the 4th of July and had a ton of fun in a new city for 4 days.
- Going to FinCon 2017
- FinCon 2017 was an amazing time where I got to meet many bloggers and have great fun hanging out. I’m super excited for FinCon 2018!
- Traveling to Los Angeles
- Last weekend, I went with my girlfriend to visit some friends in Los Angeles and had a fantastic time. It’s like paradise down there and was a great break from the grind of everyday life!
- Going camping in July
- My girlfriend and I escaped for a weekend to go camping in late July last year. No phones, no noise and no distractions, allowed us to spend care-free and fun time together out in the wilderness 🙂
- Being in Southern California
- I went to Southern California with my family and it was amazing. The San Diego Zoo was pretty great, and I loved hanging out with my amazing sisters and parents.
Hm, it’s interesting how all of these moments are related to travel (and none related to my growth)! Good thing I’ve now added travel as a line item on my personal finance tracking spreadsheet 🙂
5 Goals and Dreams I Have for My 26th Year
I’m a dreamer and a goal setter. While I have a number of goals and actions I’m taking towards my 2018 goals, there is a lot I want to accomplish in the next year:
- Get freelance web design work
- I love designing and developing websites, and I think I have a shot at becoming a freelance web designer if I so choose.
- Buy another house
- My current house is laid out like a rental – and is too big for a primary residence. I’d like to downsize.
- Get to 50,000 page views in a single month on this blog
- Right now, I’m at roughly 10,000 page views a month (10.7k and 11.7k views the last two months). In the next 12 months, with efforts on Pinterest, Google, Quora, and guest posting, I know I can get to 50,000.
- Learn how to cook and grow food
- I’m still relying a little too much (in my opinion) on processed foods. I’d like to learn more about cooking with regards to vegetables and meats.
- Get back in shape
- I’ve been lazy as of late. Time to get back a beach bod for summer time!
5 Actions I Will Be Taking in My 26th Year
With the goals and dreams I’ve listed above, there are 5 specific actions I will be taking in the next year to get on the path to continued success. (these actions tie to the above in a 1 to 1 way)
- I’m going to list my services and portfolio on a personal site and look to help other internet entrepreneurs
- Buying another house seems straight forward, but I need to figure out what I’m doing with my primary residence now (will I sell, will I rent?)
- On my blog, I will be staying consistent with my posting schedule (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday), and also stay consistent on Pinterest and Quora
- Last month, I read some of the 4 Hour Chef, a book about learning how to learn and how to cook. I’m going to cook once a week for my girlfriend and see how I can improve over time.
- Finally, 3 times a week I’ll be working out (biking, running, basketball, weights, or a combination of those.)
5 Foods and Drinks I Love to Have
I’m probably one of the world’s least picky eater – I’m not sure there’s a food which I won’t eat.
That being said, here are 5 food and drink items I love to consume 🙂
- I love blueberries so much, but actually I think any kind of berry would do here! After working out, or on a hot day, I like making berry smoothies with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.
- Give me a bag of fresh shrimp and I’m downing it. I actually like fresh shrimp with no sauce or anything!
- BBQ Anything
- One of my favorite foods, I love a great barbecued piece of meat; chicken, ribs, pork, all of it is great.
- Cheese Cake
- Easily my favorite dessert – creamy goodness.
- Kombucha Tea
- Something I discovered just a year ago but has made an impact on my every day life is kombucha tea. With many flavors and benefits, it’s a great drink for a health conscious individual 🙂
5 Truths I Need to Vent on
I’m a very positive person, but every once in a while, it’s good to rant and rave about different things.
- Consistent Daily Efforts WILL Lead to Massive Success
- This is my mantra; break tasks and actions down into small pieces and do a little bit each and every day. We all have 168 hours in a week – how are you going to spend those hours?(related reading: Wake up an Overnight Success (5 Years from now), Applying the Concept of Compound Interest in All Areas of Life. Consistent Efforts Daily WILL Result in Massive Success)
- Anecdotal Evidence is Not Evidence
- I’m getting sick of this logical fallacy: if something happens to one person, that doesn’t make it a fact (or even close to a fact). If something happens to many people, then it’s most likely true (but can be misleading)
- Your Biggest Threshold is Probably Your Own Mind
- Something I’ve been experiencing and things about a lot lately is the fear of success. Fear of success? I’m not afraid of failure, but I’ve had some anxiety over doing things which I know how to do, but I don’t want to do them. For these things, it’s just a mental thing. Getting over that mental block will lead to success.
- Not Needing to Comment or Have an Opinion on Anything and Everything WILL Set You FREE
- I have an exercise for you. First, calm your mind. Next, open up a new tab and go to a news site. Third: read the first article and restrain yourself from making any comments or giving an opinion on it. How do you feel? Free? Is a comment necessary towards anyone and everyone who may not have the same opinion as you do?
- Putting Down your Cellphone will Result in Great Productivity
- Removing noise is important for focus and success. Put down the phone and get off social media. There’s a whole world out there to explore – the 5 inch electronic device in your palm isn’t going to take you there.
My Favorite Quote
Your level of success rarely exceeds your level of personal development, because success is something you attract by the person you become. – Hal Elrod
Happy birthday to me!
A lot of the above were random thoughts, but not so random if you’ve been following along on my journey!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post – it’s definitely a little bit different than my other posts! 🙂
Have a great weekend and I look forward to chatting next week.
Readers: what do you like doing most on your birthday?
Become a MASTERMIND
Sign up for our mailing list and receive instant access to all the Mastermind Within freebies (tools, spreadsheets, and an eBook), and exclusive content.
Your future self will thank you.